These settings can be accessed by clicking the ‘Settings’ button on the top bar when using SkyCiv Structural 3D. The three tabs at the top of the settings box will allow you to toggle between the various settings.
- Unit System: Scegli tra Metrica (kN, m, MPa) e imperiale (kip, ft, KSI) unit systems for force, lunghezza, e pressione.
- Converti dati materiale: Se questo è spuntato, then whenever the unit system changes the material data values will be converted to the new unit system.
- Converti dati struttura: Se questo è spuntato, then whenever the unit system changes the data values of the structure (tranne i materiali) will be converted to the new unit system.
View settings controls how your wireframe model is viewed.
- Wireframe Projection: Select one of these options to change the current projection mode view of your wireframe model. The Perspective view provides a more realistic view, but it is harder to visualize 3D coordinates and lengths compared to orthographic projection.
- Segno BMD inverso: This setting reverses the sign convention of the bending moment diagrams in post-processing.
- Zoom Center: Changes which location the model space will zoom in/out on. With Mouse selected, it will zoom wherever your cursor is.
- Maximum Decimal Places: The rounding of all results on diagrams to a specific number of decimal places. The default is 3 decimal places.
- Vertical Axis: Choose which axis you prefer as the vertical axis (Y o Z).
- Graphics Font Size: Change the size of graphic labels in the model space. These include node labels, member labels, load labels, eccetera.
- Graphics Background Color: Change the color of the background in the model space.
Note that the visibility settings of the model can be changed within Impostazioni di visibilità.
These settings typically relate to how the solver will calculate the solution for the analysis of the model.
On the left you will find General Solver Settings:
- Evaluation Points per Member: The number of evaluation points used for each member. Increase this for higher accuracy results but slower solve time and responsiveness. SkyCiv highly recommends leaving this at 5 for larger structures and 10 for smaller structures.
- Timeout del risolutore: The maximum time span allowed for the solver to run before timing out (measured in minutes). Change this based on the size of your structure. 1.5 minutes is the default and should be more than enough time for most structures under 300 membri.
- Auto Stabilize Model: The solver will attempt to automatically stabilize your model if it has trouble converging due to instabilities. This is especially useful with non-linear analyses that fail to converge.
- Auto Repair Model: If ticked on, poi il Modello di riparazione function will automatically run before solving to check if the model has issues that may need repairing. It will only check for missing sections and nodes that need merging.
- Ignore individual load groups: Disregard individual load groups from your model’s envelope results
- Ignore individual load cases: Disregard individual load cases from your model’s envelope results
Below this section you will find the Impostazioni del solutore di autovalori:
- Mass Control: Decide what idealized mass system to attribute to your structure during the seismic analysis
- Eigenvalue Analysis Method: Choose which algorithm you would like to solve for the eigenvalues
- Modalità dinamiche: Change the number of dynamic modes that you wish your model to exhibit during dynamic frequency.
- Smoother Mode Shapes: Improves the accuracy of the displayed dynamic shape but takes longer to solve. Enabling this will NOT usually affect dynamic frequency values. Only applicable when performing dynamic analysis.
On the right you will find the advanced Buckling and Non-Linear Solver Settings:
- Forma più liscia: Improves the accuracy of the displayed buckling shape but takes longer to solve. Enabling this will NON usually affect buckling values and factors. Only applicable when performing a buckling analysis.
- Parabolic Johnson Buckling: Toggle the use of the parabolic or J.B. Johnson formula when engaging with buckling analysis. This is a more conservative approach to buckling analysis of intermediate-length columns.
- Convergenza Tolleranza: The Non-Linear Solver will continue to solve until this tolerance is met. A smaller number takes longer to solve as a more accurate solution is obtained during the convergence of residuals and displacements.
- Displacement Theory (Small or Finite): This controls the displacement theory for the Non-Linear Solver. Finite displacement theory is similar to Large displacement theory in that it takes into account the full movement of the structure during the analysis and is suitable when the displacement is large. The default is “Piccolo” as usually displacement is not so significant – in questo caso, the results between Small and Finite theory should be similar.
- Non-Linear Effects: When the displacement theory is changed, certain non-linear effects are taken into consideration as indicated by these checkboxes. At the moment P-Delta (P-Δ), P-delta(P-δ), and Axial Shortening effects cannot be toggled by the user and are automatically chosen depending on the Non-Linear theory chosen.
These settings adjust the sensitivity of your mouse actions in the model space.
Impostazioni di visibilità
Visibility Settings allows you to control what is being shown on your structure. With structures of increasing complexity (per esempio. with multiple members, piatti, carichi), the information being presented on the structure becomes more and more cluttered. To selectively filter the information being presented, enter the Visibility Settings by clicking the ‘Eye’ icon on the right menu:
- nodi: toggles the display of Nodes themselves.
- Node Labels: toggles the display of Node IDs.
- Membri: toggles the display of Members themselves.
- Member Labels: toggles the display of Member IDs.
- Piatti: toggles the display of Plates themselves.
- Plate Labels: toggles the display of Plate IDs.
- Plate Mesh: toggles the display of Plate Meshes themselves.
- Plate Mesh Labels: toggles the display of Mesh IDs.
- Masse nodali: toggles the display of any applied nodal masses.
- Carichi: toggles the display of Loads which is further broken down into your Load Groups.
- Carichi per area equivalente: toggles the display of the equivalent load distribution on members of applied area loads
- Proportional Loads: toggles the display of proportional loads based on their relative values to each other
- supporti: toggles the display of your Supports.
- Section Legend: toggles the display of your Section Legend.
- Faint Structure: slightly fades the members of the structure.
- Assi locali: toggles the display of a Members Local axis.
- Origin Axes: toggles the display of the zero coordinate Global Axis.
- 3D Membri al passaggio del mouse: when selected, hover over your wireframe members to show the faint 3D rendered version.
- 3Membri D: another way to toggle on or off the 3D rendered version of your model.