Welcome to SkyCiv's Free Moment of Inertia Calculator! This free Section Builder is able to accurately and quickly determine the moment of inertia among other section properties. The following multi-purpose calculator is taken from our Structural Analysis Software and is free to use. It is not just a moment of inertia calculator, but also:
- Calculate the Moment of Inertia (I) of a beam section (Second Moment of Area)
- Centroid Calculator used to calculate the Centroid (C) in the X and Y axis of a beam section
- Calculate the First moment of area (Statical Moment of Inertia) (Q) of a beam section (First Moment of Area)
- A Section Modulus Calculator to calculate the Section Modulus (Z) of a beam section
- Calculate the Torsion Constant (J) of a beam section
The Beam Section Calculator is able to find the moment of inertia for a rectangle, circle, hollow rectangular section (HSS), hollow circular section, triangle, I-Beam, T-Beam, L-Sections (angles) and channel sections. SkyCiv also offers other tools such as I beam size tool and free design check software. The dynamic section drawer will also show you a graphical representation of your beam section. So if you want to calculate the moment of inertia of a circle, moment of inertia of a rectangle or any other shapes, feel free to use the below software or our all inclusive SkyCiv Section Builder.