Welcome to SkyCiv's Free Moment of Inertia Calculator! This free Section Builder is able to accurately and quickly calculate the moment of inertia among other section properties. The following multi-purpose calculator is taken from our Structural Analysis Software and is free to use.
- Calculate the Moment of Inertia (I) of a beam section (Second Moment of Area)
- Centroid Calculator used to calculate the Centroid (C) in the X and Y axis of a beam section
- Calculate the First moment of area (Statical Moment of Inertia) (Q) of a beam section (First Moment of Area)
- A Section Modulus Calculator to calculate the Section Modulus (Z) of a beam section
- Calculate the Torsion Constant (J) of a beam section
The Beam Moment of Inertia Calculator is able to find the moment of inertia for a circle, rectangle, hollow rectangular section (HSS), hollow circular section, triangle, I-Beam, T-Beam, L-Sections (angles) and channel sections. SkyCiv also offers other tools such as I beam size tool and free design check software. The dynamic section drawer will also show you a graphical representation of your beam section. So if you want to calculate the moment of inertia of a circle, moment of inertia of a rectangle or any other shapes, feel free to use the below software or our all inclusive SkyCiv Section Builder.
To start using the free centroid calculator to calculate moment of inertia, simply choose the cross section you want to evaluate from the drop down lost, then enter in the dimensions and click Calculate. The results for centroid, moment of inertia, statical moment section modulus and torsion constant will display on your right.