Welcome to SkyCiv's Free Moment of Inertia Calculator! The following free Section Builder is able to accurately and quickly determine the moment of inertia among others. The following multi-purpose calculator is taken from our Structural Analysis Software and is free to use to do the following:
- Calculate the Moment of Inertia (I) of a beam section (Second Moment of Area)
- Calculate the Centroid (C) in the X and Y axis of a beam section
- Calculate the Statical Moment of Inertia (Q) of a beam section (First Moment of Area)
- Calculate the Section Modulus (Z) of a beam section
- Calculate the Torsion Constant (J) of a beam section
The Beam Section Calculator is able to find the moment of inertia for a hollow section, circular section, triangular, I-Beam, T-Beam and L-Sections. The dynamic section drawer will also show you a graphical representation of your section.
Sign up to SkyCiv Free and get the following great benefits:
Access to More Software!