The National Design Specification Standards® (NDS) for Wood Construction (ANSI/AWC NDS-2018) incorporates design provisions for both allowable stress design (ASD) and load and resistance factor design (LRFD). This specification is adopted in all model building codes in the United States and is developed by the American Wood Council (AWC). With this add-on module, SkyCiv Structural Design Software allows users to design timber structures modeled with member elements according to this standard.
The module performs all cross-section resistance designs, stability analysis, and deformation analysis provided by the national design specification for wood construction. In timber construction, the serviceability limit state represents an important design. The conservative limit deformation is preset, but can be modified if necessary.
Wood Design Software Features:
- Rectangular and Round Wood Shapes
- Supports both ASD and LRFD provisions
- Multiple material type, including Lumber and Glulam
- Auto calculation of all adjustment factors for all members
- Detailed Documentation to help you get started