NDS 2018 Wood Design Software
The National Design Specification for Wood Construction (ANSI/AWC NDS-2018) incorporates design provisions for both allowable stress design (ASD) and load and resistance factor design (LRFD). This specification is adopted in all model building codes in the United States and is developed by the American Wood Council (AWC). With the add-on module NDS 2018 from the SkyCiv all users obtain a powerful tool for the design of timber structures modeled with member elements according to this standard.
Module NDS 2018 performs all cross-section resistance designs, stability analyses, and deformation analyses provided by the national design specification for wood construction. In timber construction, the serviceability limit state represents an important design. The conservative limit deformation is preset, but can be modified, if necessary.
- Rectangular and Round Wood Shapes
- Supports both ASD and LRFD provisions
- Multiple material type, including Lumber and Glulam
- Auto calculation of all adjustment factors for all members
- Detailed Documentation to help you get started