Last Updated: 7/06/2022
What Information Do We Collect?
The personal information we collect, and process depends on how you use our platform. We collect and process data we receive both directly, such as when you provide it to us when registering from a SkyCiv account, or indirectly through automated technologies such as cookies, or from third parties.
Although you can generally use our site without submitting personal information, if you sign up or use our services, we will collect personal information as follows.
As a whole, we only collect information for the main purpose of marketing, improving the user experience and data analytics at a global level (for instance, how many users use a particular product/feature).
Information you provide to us directly:
When you visit our website or sign up for our services, we collect personal information and data.
Account Information: We may ask for personal information when you register for a SkyCiv account or when you contact us. This can include but is not limited to your name, email address, phone number, contact details, profession, and company information. We also collect data you provide directly to our software such as model data and related information you upload. We use this information to provide you with functionality within our service. If you choose not to provide this information to us, you may not be able to access or use our platform for its intended purposes.
Payment Information: You are not required to provide payment when you sign up for our accounts until you decide to continue with a paid subscription to our services. To sign up for paid services we require you to provide your billing information. We do not directly collect or store your payment information and use third-party, PCI-compliant services to process this data on your behalf. This is processed by Stripe.
Optional Information: You may choose to submit personal information to our services should you use interactive features on our site, including when participating in surveys, promotions, events, or when requesting customer support or communicating with us.
Information we collect automatically (indirectly):
Information About Your Device: When you interact with our website and services, even if you have not registered for an account, we, and any third-party services we have engaged may collect information about your device and site usage. This can include information about the devices and browsers you use to access our sites, websites, or sources that referred you to our sites, your IP address or other technical information and identifies.
Usage Information: We may collect information about your interactions with the platform including access date and times, software logs, device event information, and crash and cookie data even if you have not created an account with us. This data allows us to understand how you use our platform, to help us provide you with customer support, and analyze broad trends in your use of the platform. Please note this may include location information from your IP address, we do not use a precise location for this, instead, it is limited to countries and cities to help us improve our service to customers in these areas.
Information from Third Parties: Although the majority of information we collect is collected directly from you, in some instances we may process data provided to us from publicly available materials or our trusted third parties.
How do we use your Information?
We use the information and data we collect about you to operate and improve our websites and services for you. We value your right to privacy and have taken measures to ensure that we keep your personal data safe and secure. In order to provide our services, we use your data for the following purposes:
- To communicate with you. This may include
- Operational communications, such as changes to our platform and services.
- Marketing communications, to drive engagement in our platform and services as per your preferences.
- Feedback communication, when asking you to provide feedback or when conducting research into our services.
- Providing you with information you have requested from us or we are legally required to send you.
- For us to enhance our websites and services. For example, when aggregating and analyzing user trend data so that we can improve our platform and services or develop new services. This data is processed to improve your experience with our services.
- To protect your account and data. This can include detecting and preventing any fraudulent activity or miss-use of our platform, protecting your data, and ensuring everyone is using and services fairly and in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- For us to provide support to you. This can include when helping to resolve support or technical issues, mainly through our in-app chat or through email.
- For us to market to you. We may use your data to display targeted advertising to your or similar audiences, through our own platforms or with third-party websites and platforms.
- For us to meet legal obligations. When we must use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations.
Who do we Share Information with?
We will only disclose your personal information only where necessary and as follows:
- Third-Party Service Platforms: We may need to disclose your information to our third-party service providers to help them perform services on our behalf or provide the functionality to our platform. Some of the functions these third parties may perform include:
- Billing and Payment Processing
- Analytics Services
- Customer Support and Management Services
- Advertising and Marketing Services
- Email Services
- Hosting and Storage Services
- When required by law, including for government agencies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, and where a court order requires us to do so. We will make effort to inform you of this unless we are legally prevented from doing so.
- With affiliates including our employees and related SkyCiv bodies.
- In circumstances where we have legitimate interest from actual or potential buyers (including agents and advisors) or in connection with actual or proposed mergers and acquisitions to our business.
- Other people or services only after we obtain your consent.
How do we Secure and Store your Data?
Your data may be processed in other countries besides the one you live in. Your data will be stored and processed in the United States, Australia, and any other country in which SkyCiv maintains facilities. If you are located in the UK or EU, your information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries that do not have laws equivalent to EEA data protection laws, including Australia and the United States. When transferring your data outside your country of residence we take reasonable steps to ensure the security of your data and that it is stored and processed in accordance with applicable laws.
At SkyCiv we are committed to ensuring the security and privacy of our users’ data, including any personal, financial, or model data that you trust to share with us. We have safeguards in place to ensure the integrity and security of all data collected through our service. We have taken reasonable steps to protect your account such as requesting a unique password to verify your identity as well as implementing the option for two-factor authentication. It is your responsibility to ensure and maintain the secrecy of your account details.
To learn more about security at SkyCiv, please visit our Security Page
Following termination or deletion of your account, SkyCiv will maintain your profile information and model data as long as we have a valid purpose to do so for a commercially reasonable time. SkyCiv will retain your information for the purpose of complying with legal or audit-based obligations, as well as for backup and archival purposes.
You have certain rights when it comes to your personal data. You can update your account information by logging in and visiting your account settings at any time. You may also unsubscribe from marketing communications by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails.
If you are in the EEA or the UK, the GDPR applies to you, and you have certain rights in relation to your personal data. Where possible we will look to extend these rights to all our users. These include:
- The right of access: You have the right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you. You can find this information in your account settings or alternatively by writing to us at [email protected]
- The right of rectification: You have the right to request that we correct personal data about you if it is incomplete or inaccurate (we recommend first making any changes in your account settings), however; if you are unable to do so you can contact us at [email protected] with the information you wish to correct. Please note we may need to verify your identity before completing this request.
- The right to erasure (right to be forgotten): You may, under certain circumstances, ask us to delete the personal data we have about you. Your data will be deleted from our live platform as soon as we practically can, however; it may remain in backups for a reasonable period of time. Please note that we may not be able to complete your erasure request where it remains necessary for us to continue processing your personal data for a legitimate business need or to comply with a legal obligation as permitted under the GDPR, such as when dealing with financial records. We will inform you if this is the case.
- The right to restrict processing: Under certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to suspend our processing of your personal data. You may exercise this right by writing to us at [email protected]
- The right to data portability: You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data in a common format such as a CSV file.
- The right to object: You have the right to object to us processing your personal data which it is inconsistent with the primary purpose as to what it was collected for such as activities including automated decision-making and profiling or direct marketing.
If you are Californian users, you also have additional rights afforded to them under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). SkyCiv does not “sell” (as defined in the CCPA) the personal information of SkyCiv users. Subject to certain limitations, your rights under the CCPA include:
- Your right to request access to the personal information SkyCiv has about you.
- Your right to request that SkyCiv delete all of your personal information.
California users may make a request by contacting us at [email protected]
Links to Other Websites
Changes to this Policy