Last Updated: 6th July 2022
What are Cookies and Other Related Technologies?
Local storage allows websites to store information locally on your browser. This includes HTML5 local storage and browser cache. We use local storage to customize our platform to meet your specific needs.
Pixel Tags (also referred to as pixels or web beacons) are small blocks of code that are placed on web pages or emails. They allow companies to collect information about browser types, whether you have viewed certain content or IP addresses.
Most modern browsers support cookies. Users can set their browsers to decline certain types of cookies and delete them. You can find more information about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
At SkyCiv, we use both first and third-party cookies to improve your experience. In some cases, these cookies and other related technologies may be “strictly necessary”. Without them, our websites will not function properly. Other cookies may not be essential but help us improve our websites by measuring our audiences. You can learn more about why we use certain types of cookies below.
- Strictly Necessary cookies allow us to operate our website. For example, these cookies may be used to help determine if you have created and logged in to your account and allow you access to certain website content and functionalities. Without these cookies and other related technologies, our site may not work.
- Functional cookies are used to help you remember your website preferences, such as language preferences, to improve your experience and avoid you having to keep re-entering your choices when you revisit the site.
- Third Party Advertising may be used to collect information about your activities on our websites and other sites to provide target advertising. We may allow third party service providers to sue cookies on our website for these purposes. Thor party services that create these cookies such as Google, LinkedIn, and Facebook, have their own privacy policies.
It is important to understand that in some cases the cookies (and the other technologies listed above) may collect personal information as well as non-identifiable information.
- Session Cookies are temporary cookies that only last for the duration of your visit to our websites. These cookies are deleted when your browser is closed.
- Persistent Cookies remain on your device for the specified “lifetime” or duration of the specific cookie. Alternatively, they are removed when you manually delete them from your browser.
Managing your Cookies
If you’d like to control how cookies are used in your web browser, you should refer to your web browser’s documentation on how to adjust your settings. We have included the cookie opt-out pages of some common web browsers below:
Please note that if you choose to block all cookies in your browser, you will likely be unable to access or use specific functionality of our websites.
In addition to managing your cookie settings from your browser, you may choose to opt-out of tracking directly with the business that operates these technologies. To find out more about opting out of tracking software, please refer to the link below:
- Google Analytics https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- HotJar https://www.hotjar.com/policies/do-not-track/