SkyCiv Section Builder
- Built-Up Sections with Multiple Shapes
- Composite Sections with Multiple Materials
- Template Shapes
- International Catalogs of Sections
- Save and Load Your Sections
- Custom Shapes - via points
- Custom Shapes - via a line path
- Custom Shapes - via a DXF import
- Holes and Cutouts
- Rotate, Translate, and Mirror
- Calculate Geometric Properties
- Calculate Bending Properties
- Calculate Shear Properties
- Calculate Torsion Properties
- Transformed Section Properties
- Torsion Constant via FEA
- Warping Constant via FEA
- Built in screenshot and dimension hide/show tools.
- Hand Calculations
Cloud Based Section Property Analysis Software
SkyCiv Section Builder is a comprehensive section property analysis software that allows you to analyse geometric, bending, shear, and torsion properties. Build your sections out of multiple shapes from templates, or define your own via points, line paths, or a DXF import from CAD! Model and analyse your sections faster than ever!
SkyCiv Engineering Software is all online. This allows users to access their programs and files from a web browser. Work from anywhere, anytime! No need to install or update the program. This is a cost effective solution with no further costs such as maintenance or updates.
Standard Templates and Database of Sections
- Choose from:
- Hollow Rectangular/Square
- Hollow Circular
- L-beam (Angle)
- Double Angle *NEW*
- Double Channel *NEW*
- Hollow Triangular
- Box Girder
- Change dimensions via the form or dimension lines!
- Tap into an international database of sections from America, Australia, Britain, and Europe.
- Points Shape: Define points and create your own polygons. Specify fillets at any point.
- Line Shape: Define a line path and create a polygon with a thickness and radius.
- DXF Import: Prefer to sketch in CAD first? Simply save to a DXF file and import into SkyCiv's Section Builder for analysis.
- Add shapes from one of our many templates.
- Operations including rotation, translation, and mirroring can be used to specify relative positioning.
- Calculate geometric, bending, shear, and torsion properties.
- Utilises meshing and FEA to solve torsion constant and warping constant. More accurate than approximate methods which only work for some geometries.
- Moment of Inertia (About z, y, zy (when relevant), and principal axes
- Angle of Rotation
- Assign individual materials to individual shapes.
- Preset materials means you can select your material from a drop down list for fast entry!
- Calculate section properties via the Transformed Section Method.
- Original section properties also presented in comparison.
- Easily model laminar beams and other built-up sections made up of different materials.
Holes and Cutouts
- Simple checkbox to specify cutouts/holes.
- Section properties calculated accordingly.
Visit our YouTube Playlist
Choose one of the account options below to access all SkyCiv Cloud Engineering Software. This means that you can use SkyCiv 2D structural analysis software: Beam, Truss, Frame and Shaft Software; and SkyCiv 3D structual analysis software: Structural 3D. With all that, you can handle any structures that come your way! The accounts offer exceptional service, value and functionality that will take you through your engineering studies or career. If you have any questions with the account types, simply contact us.