The Base Plate Connection are the are the critical interface between the steel structure and the foundation .
SkyCiv Base Plate and Anchor Design has the following features when designing:
- Intuitive user-interface with easy inputs
- Can solve multiple base in the same project
- Summary table of design check values and ratios
- Detailed, step-by-step calculation report (PDF or HTML download)
SkyCiv Base Plate and Anchor Design supports the following capabilities when designing:
- Design checks in compliance with ACI 318 or AISC
- Supports multiple load cases such as Dead, Live, Earthquake, Wind and etc.
- Support Wide Flange and HSS shape type.
- Checks Concentric Compressive Axial Loads.
- Checks Tensile Axial Loads.
- Checks Base Plates with Small Moments
- Checks Base Plates with Large Moments.
- Checks the Design for shear.
- Checks the Design for Anchor Rods (Pullout, Pryout, Sideblow, Breakout).
- Seismic design provision is included.
Below is a list of limitations for SkyCiv Base Plate and Anchor Design :
- The column must be concentric with the base plate and concrete support.
- The base plate must be rectangular.
- The self-weight of the base plate and the anchor bolts are ignored.
- Haninger, Edward R.; Tong, Bruce M. (2014). “Two-Way Bending of Base Plates under Uniaxial Moment Loading–Alternative Approach,” Engineering Journal, American Institute of Steel Construction, Vol. 51, pp. 229-236.
- AISC – Design Guide 01 (2nd edition).