We're finally here! Version 3 of our Structural Analysis and Design API is ready for early adopters and internal use.
Since day one, SkyCiv has been committed to bringing Structural Analysis software to the 21st century. A big part of this is our API. API's allow for far more possibilities beyond traditional software that are restricted to someone manually operating software via a user interface.
We've seen other industries grow and innovative, with productivity-driven solutions helping them work faster, easier and smarter. It's time for Structural Engineers to join.
The v3 API opens up almost all of our functionality for your custom needs. This includes:
- Our FEM solver (linear, static, nonlinear, buckling, plates, frequency, response spectrum)
- Steel member design checks (AISC, AISI, AS 4100, CSA S-16, Eurocode 2, British Standards)
- RC Beam and Column design (ACI 318, EN 2, AS 3600, BS 8110, CSA A23)
- Wood member design (NDS, AS 1720)
- Section Builder (custom shapes, geometric properties, section library)
- Reporting - full calculation reporting (for certain design codes), single member reports, analysis reports
- Wind Loading - pull wind speeds, design pressures from an address: ASCE 7-16, AS 1170, EN 1991, NBCC 2015
As a first release this is just a start. We welcome your feedback and function requests to help us build a structural toolbox that serves your needs!
We'd love to build a community of like-minded engineers, who want to build solutions and powerful. Reach out to me personally (connect on LinkedIn or email me at [email protected]). We can also arrange a one hour consultation to help you and your company get started.
Have a browse through our Documentation. We've added some examples and sample code to help you get started. As long as you have a SkyCiv Account, you can start using the API right away.